THE BENEFITS OF OUR CUT TO SIZE SINGLE DOOR RETRACTABLE SCREEN
Now you can custom order retractable screen doors from VISISCREEN pre cut-to-size to fit your specific opening right out-of-the-box. Simply follow the instructions in this guide, select the options you want, and enter your “NET SCREEN OPENING DIMENSIONS”. Enjoy the many benefits of our popular retractable screen door system, including:
- Retractable screen system is easy to install (fits right out of the box) and operate
- Easily resizable to fit openings 24 to 62 inches wide and up to 100 inches height
- Designed to withstand prolonged exterior exposure
- Allows for installation on either the exterior or interior of the door
- Speed reducer (brake) provides safe and controlled retraction
- Full length magnetic door seal
- Superior operation using low friction technology
- Charcoal screen mesh color
- Hardware is provided for both surface mount and recess mount applications
- VISISCREEN patented screen mesh with built in visual marker
- 0.011 in. thick, low maintenance vinyl coated fiberglass charcoal colored
- Screen marker remains invisible at safe distances, but becomes apparent as you approach it
- Users of all sizes are alerted that the screen is closed
The cut-to-size single door retractable screen option is perfect for remodeling contractors, door and window installers and homeowners with custom-sized openings. VISISCREEN retractable screen doors offer world-class safety, performance, durability and curb appeal.
Threshold Transition Kit
The bottom guide rail is roughly 1/2 inch in height and can catch bare feet and small wheeled items. So for flat threshold installations, we recommended adding an optional Threshold Transition Kit to your order. The Threshold Transition Kit creates a protective ramped surface between the floor guide rail and the floor for safe and seamless entry and exit. Both the narrow (5/8″ depth) and the medium (1-5/16″ depth) kits include 2 threshold transitions plus the decorative end caps. You get 2 so that, if desired, you can install one on each side of the bottom guide rail. Order the 40-inch long kit for single doors.
Sloped Sill Wedge Shims
For sloped threshold installations, we recommended adding optional Sloped Sill Wedge Shims to your order. The Sill Wedge Shims help protect the bottom guide rail and create a safe, smoother finish to your installation. The shims can be used with or without a threshold transition kit.
*If ordered at the same time as your retractable screen there is no additional shipping charge for the Threshold Transition Kit or Sloped Sill Wedge Shims.
Please note: When measuring your net screen opening, we recommended you deduct 1/16th inch from the height of your net opening when using a threshold transition.